Ruapehu DistrictNew Mums, Dads and Whanau
Here is a link to the Ruapehu Nappy Brochure / Form: Download here
Why use modern cloth nappies?
Modern cloth nappies are nothing like the old ‘pin’ cloth nappies your grandparents might have used. They are easy to use, easy to care for, can save you thousands of dollars and are good for the environment. Over the 2½ years a baby is typically in nappies, the savings from using modern cloth nappies could be as much as $6,000! Even if you don’t use cloth nappies all of the time, you will still save a lot of money and make a big difference in caring for Ruapehu’s environment.
The following is a real quote from a mum who works at Council and who made the switch to cloth nappies:
“Not a problem, I think it’s a fab idea. I wish I had used them for my oldest boy – and you can thank my mum when I said I was coming home with the kids, she flatly said you are not using disposables and polluting our beautiful farm!
So I just had to get over the mental hurdle that I made myself about cleaning nappies and investigate options. And cleaning them is a doodle. Takes me five minutes at night, hang them out in the morning, get them back in each evening when I get home from work, stuff em and away you go!!”
What’s in a “Starter Pack”
- Three modern cloth nappies from three different suppliers. Suitable for both boys and girls. All starter pack nappies will fit your baby from birth to potty.
- The “nappy lady’s” guide to modern cloth nappies.
- Useful information from the nappy suppliers.
- Discount vouchers for other baby products.
You can buy a modern cloth nappy starter pack worth $100 for only $20 from your local Council office
Note: As stocks are limited and we want to ensure all Ruapehu parents and caregivers who want to try out cloth nappies, they are sold on the following basis:
- To purchase a “starter pack” you must be either the baby’s parent or primary caregiver.
- Only one “starter pack” per household per child.
- You must be a resident or ratepayer of the Ruapehu District. To prove ratepayer or residency status, please bring confirmation of your address details, eg, a power bill or bank statement, etc, with you to your Council office when buying your “starter pack”.
Sorry, there are currently no workshops confirmed for this region, please check back because this page is updated as soon as workshops become confirmed.